Saturday, December 5, 2009

Labi Siffre: another sleeper break.




This break crept under the radar for a lot of heads... I think mainly because it was used my Eminem. It seemed that no one had the wherewithall to consider it a classic break and rather approach it as newer production for a new guy on the scene at the time. Labi's "i got the..." Remember my Song: (EMI UK 1975) is nothing but pure heat. Hearing the break made me reheat eminem's "Hi! my name is" just once today( i did hurt a little...)- my point being a break possessing so much funk to make me listen to eminem's album after its been consumed, vomited and consumed again my suburbia and top 40 radio stations since its conception is pretty damn funky( I'm not hatin'). Eminem does not share this sampled jewel alone, but rather joins an impressive fraternity who have also enjoyed the fruits of this classsic cut. The 2:10 mark is what you'll definitely recognize. Enjoy.

Beatnuts - "Beatnuts Forever"
Def Squad ft Jamal - "Countdown"
Eminem - "My Name Is"
Fabe - "L'Impertinent"
Foxxy Brown - "Hot Spot"
Frankenstein - "Quiet Storm"
Insane Clown Posse ft Twiztid - "Slim Anus"
Jay-Z - "Street is Watching"
MC Jean Gab 1 - "J'T Emmerde"
Mooven's - "C'est Une Question D'tat"
Noreaga - "N.O.R.E."
Tiger Ranks - "Party wit' Me"
Wu-Tang Clan - "Can it All Be So Simple"

1 comment: